The Niagara Hospice Gran Fondo has gone virtual, ride with us from Aug. 1, to Aug. 16, 2020!
Niagara Hospice places the highest priority on the health and safety of our communities. To protect all participants and attendees and adhere to social distancing guidelines related to COVID-19, we have changed the Niagara Hospice Gran Fondo to a virtual ride for 2020.
We are sorry that we will not be able to get together in person this year, but we hope you will join us for the 2020 Niagara Hospice Gran Fondo virtually and help us continue to fundraise for Niagara Hospice.
Whether you love enjoying the view from a traditional bicycle or love the feeling of a Peloton ride before the rest of the house wakes up, the virtual Niagara Hospice Gran Fondo is for you. Our cycling event allows riders of bicycles, tricycles, unicycles, stationary bikes, Peloton enthusiasts, and anyone with a set of wheels to support Niagara Hospice. The ride can be done anywhere, anytime. Whether you want to ride around the block or pedal for the long-haul, any distance will do!
HOW TO PARTICIPATE IN THE VIRTUAL HOSPICE GRAN FONDO:
- Register to ride virtually to support Niagara Hospice. This step is easy!
- Encourage people to help you fundraise. Although fundraising is not required to participate, we encourage our riders to fundraise with all proceeds directly benefiting Niagara Hospice. Visit the “Fundraising/Donate” tab on our website to learn more about how to fundraise or to donate to a specific rider. If you feel comfortable, share your Hospice story with others and ask them to support you in your mission to raise money for Niagara Hospice. There will be incentives for fundraising, more to come on that!
- Get out and ride. You can ride indoors or outdoors, anywhere that you’d like, between Aug. 1 to Aug. 16.
- Receive your rider appreciation pack. Once you register, you’ll earn a Niagara Hospice Gran Fondo t-shirt and be entered to win weekly giveaways.
- Share With Us On Social Media. Many of our riders are riding in honor of a loved one or have a personal Niagara Hospice story that motivates them to participate. We want to know your “why,” whatever that might be, and want to see you riding because of it! Share your pictures and videos with us using the hashtag #GFGoesVirtual.
- Connect with other riders. Just because you might be riding alone this year doesn’t mean you don’t have a team of people rooting for you! Don’t forget to like our Facebook page and follow our Instagram to connect with other riders! A sense of community is so important, especially now.
We will be also be doing weekly giveaways for our participants through Facebook. Follow on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/HospiceGranFondo. We will be giving away Niagara Hospice Gran Fondo merchandise along with other prizes.
THE CAUSE: WHY RIDE WITH US
Hospice is a way of caring for patients with end-of-life illnesses and supporting their family and loved ones through the illness and dying process. At Niagara Hospice, we believe every day is a gift and we value quality of life for each and every patient. As the only hospice provider in Niagara County, our staff and volunteers take pride in their compassionate service to others. Just one call to Niagara Hospice provides loved ones the physical, emotional, psychosocial, spiritual and bereavement care they need.
Niagara Hospice is a not-for-profit charitable 501(c)(3) organization recognized by both New York State and the Internal Revenue Service.
|YOUR IMPACT: WHERE THE MONEY GOES
The care and comfort our hospice program provides to thousands of patients and their families each year is due in great part to donations. Niagara Hospice is proud of the fact that we go above and beyond what is covered by insurance. When you participate in the Niagara Hospice Gran Fondo, you are making a difference in the life of a Niagara Hospice patient and their family. Your support of Niagara Hospice gives hope for comfort when a cure is no longer feasible; hope that a secure, familiar care setting can be enjoyed; hope for personal dignity and freedom from unwanted procedures. Additionally, Hospice gives hope that the family will be nurtured and supported, even after the death of their loved one.
Interested in Joining a Fundraising Team?